Thai Crab Savoury Tartlets
- 24 Ready Bake 50mm savoury triangle shells
- 1 tub of Phillips crab claw meat
- 1 small diced red onion
- 1 small chopped red chilli
- 1 clove of fine diced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of fine diced ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- ½ teaspoon fine chopped lemongrass
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoons palm sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine ground salt
- ¼ teaspoon fine cracked pepper
- Defrost 24 savoury triangle shells on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven on 150°C for 12-14 minutes. (High temp may cause the sides of the shell to shrink). Take the shells out of the oven and allow to the shells to cool.
- Using the Phillips easy to open, ring pull crab claw meat, place the crab claw meat in a stainless steel cooking bowl.
- Dice the red onion, chilli, garlic and ginger and mix into the crab meat in your bowl.
- Chop the fresh coriander and lemongrass and add into your crab mix.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice, along with fish sauce, palm sugar, salt and cracked pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients together and set aside in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to filling your savoury pastry shells, allowing all the flavours of the ingredients to develop together.
- Take your Thai Crab mix, and using a dessert spoon, carefully spoon you Thai Crab mix into the pre baked savoury triangle shells.
- Garnish with a sprig of coriander or finely sliced chilli and spring onion.
- Serve as a finger food on platters, on a buffet, or as part of a seafood taster plate.