Ready Bake's unbaked SSS75 butter shortbread shells. Bake 160°c for 14 minutes.
- 1 kg Strawberries
- 250gram Orange segment
- 120ml Cointreau
- 120ml simple syrup (60mls water to 60mls sugar)
- A few sprigs of micro herbs or Julienned mint.
- 500ml Cream
- 500ml milk
- Zest from 2 large oranges (finely chopped)
- 400ml egg
- 250g caster sugar
- Wash the strawberries than pat dry cut into quarters
- Segment oranges
- Mix the Cointreau and simple syrup and pour into sauce bottle
- To make the orange custard, mix the milk cream and zest in a pot and bring to the boil. Add the egg and sugar in a bowl and mix. Whisk the hot milk into the eggs and sugar then strain your custard mix.
- Place the custard mix into a pre baked shell. Half fill the shell then bake in 135°c oven for around 15 - 20 minutes. Take out then cool.
- Once the shell and custard is cool, decoratively place the strawberry quarters on top of the orange custard, then add a few orange segments.
- Drizzle Cointreau syrup over the fruit then decorate with micro herbs or Julienned mint.
Recipe will fill approximately 20 x SSS75 butter shortbread shells.