Grilled Chilli Garlic Chicken Tartlets with Peanut Sauce in 50mm Savoury Shortcrust Shells
- 50 x 50mm Savoury Shortcrust Square Shells (PBSQ50)
- 1.4kg skinless chicken thigh meat
- 1 tbsp red chilli
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- 100mls olive oil
- 100g Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 200g Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 300g Coconut Cream
- Pre heat your oven on 160°C. Defrost your pastry shells.
- Place your PBSQ50 savoury shells onto baking tray and bake in the oven for 14 minutes. Take the shells out of the oven and set aside.
- Finely chop red chill and garlic. Mix the chopped chilli, garlic and olive oil in a bowl.
- Mix the chicken through the chilli, garlic and oil and set aside in the refrigerator or cold room for 1 hour.
- Pre heat a char grill till very hot (you can use a flat grill or frying pan) Turn down the heat and place the marinated chicken thigh onto the grill and char well, each side of the chicken thigh until fully cooked. Rest the cooked chicken meat for 10 minutes then dice the meat into bite size cubes.
- Place a small cooking pot on some weighing scales and measure out the amounts of sweet chilli sauce, peanut butter and coconut cream.
- Place the cooking pot on the stove top, using a medium heat and heat the sauce till it reaches boiling point, stirring continuously. Add the diced char grilled chicken meat and further heat.
- Serve your chilli garlic chicken with peanut sauce in your PBSQ50 Savoury shells.
- Garnish with shaved coconut and fresh coriander.
- Makes 50 canapes