Sweet Potato and Pancetta Quiche with 243mm Quiche Shells
- 2 shells - Ready Bake 243mm family size quiche shells
- 500g sweet potato
- 300g thinly sliced pancetta (Italian bacon)
- 200g shredded cheddar cheese
- 450g whole eggs (about 8 eggs)
- 550g thick cream
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp cooking salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- Place your QS243 quiche shells onto a baking tray and defrost. Pre heat your oven on 170°C and pre bake your quiche shells for 15 minutes. Take your quiche shells out of the oven and cool.
- Place your thinly sliced pancetta on a greased baking tray and place in your oven on 170°C for around 15 minutes or until the pancetta becomes crispy. Drain the cooked pancetta on a paper towel and once cool, place half the cooked pancetta in the base of the baked quiche shell.
- Peel your sweet potato and slice thinly, then mix with the shredded cheddar cheese throughout your family quiche shell.
- Place the eggs, honey, cream, salt and pepper in a plastic jug and blend with a bar mixer or whisk until combined.
- Pour the egg mix over the sweet potato and pancetta. Place the remaining cooked pancetta over the top of the filled quiche and place back in the oven for a further 30 minutes on 170°C.
- Cool down and slice as desired.