Caramelised Onion and Dijon Quiche
Ready-Bake 62mm Butter Quiche Shell
- 2 Eggs
- Milk 150ml
- Cream 50ml
- Dijon mustard ½ tsp
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Grated mature cheddar cheese 30gm
- Bacon 80gm
- Onions 80gm
- Brown sugar 1 tsp
- Red wine vinegar 40ml
- Add all the egg fillings together and whisk until smooth.
- Sauté onions over low heat with 1 tsp of brown sugar and 40ml red wine vinegar until soft and caramelized.
- Sauté bacon until all the moisture has evaporated.
- Fill 62mm Butter Quiche Shell starting with cheese and mix the onion and bacon together and add on top.
- Poor egg custard over filling and up to the top edge of the pastry.
- Bake in pre heated oven at 180c until pastry and custard is baked.
- Serve with your favorite salad.
Recipe will fill approximately 8-10, 62mm Quiche pastry shells (QSS62).