Raspberry Mousse with Cherry Compote Tart Using 50mm Chocolate Shortbread Shells
- 70 shells - Ready Bake 50mm Square Chocolate Shortbread shells
- 1000g Raspberry puree
- 320g Sugar
- 30g Gelatine
- 160g Egg whites
- 1000g Cream
Morello Cherry Compote
- 750g Cherries in syrup
- 100g Sugar
- 5g Vanilla
- 2 slices Orange skin
- 1 Juice of an Orange
- 3g Cinnamon powder
- 20g Cornflour
- Place the chocolate shortbread shells on a baking tray and thaw. Pre heat your oven to 160°C
- Once thawed, bake chocolate shortbread shells unfilled for 10 - 12 mins.
- Boil sugar and water to 118c, Pour syrup down the side of mixing bowl into egg whites, whipping at high speed.
- Dissolve gelatine in warm water then add to the raspberry puree and mix.
- Whip cream until it forms soft peaks and fold through raspberry mixture.
- Then fold through Italian meringue to raspberry mixture. Cool mousse mixture in fridge.
- Pipe raspberry mousse into chocolate shortbread shells. Set aside in fridge.
- Separate cherries from juice, keeping the juice.
- Add cherry juice, sugar, vanilla, orange skin, orange juice and cinnamon to a saucepan and heat through until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove orange skin and add cornflour to thicken compote. Add cherries to the sauce.
- Cool compote to room temperate.
- Pour compote over mousse and set.
- Garnish with chocolate shards, sliced strawberries and icing sugar.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the fridge for later use.