Asian Inspired Panna Cotta Tart using 105mm Rectangle Fluted Chocolate Shortbread Shells
- 9 Ready Bake 105mm Rectangle Fluted Chocolate Shortbread Shells
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 Star Anise
- 1 Lemon Grass Stick
- 10g Galangal Root
- 300ml Full-cream Milk
- 300ml Thickened Cream
- 70g Caster Sugar
- 7.5g Gelatine
- 20ml Water
- Place the chocolate shortbread shells on a baking tray and thaw. Pre heat your oven to 160°C.
- Once thawed, bake chocolate shortbread shells unfilled for 12 - 14 mins.
- Bash the lemon grass to release flavour and cut galangal into pieces. Place in pot with milk, sugar and cream.
- Heat milk, sugar and cream with all spices until just about boiling.
- Leave the liquid to infuse all the flavours for 1 hr.
- Add gelatine to water and allow to bloom.
- Strain liquid and discard spices.
- Add gelatine to liquid to melt.
- Pour into pre baked shells that have been brushed with chocolate to seal.
- To set panna cotta place in fridge.
- Add your favourite garnish to the top and serve or store in an air tight container in the fridge for later use.