Mango Bavaroise with a Mango Glaze in 105mm Rectangle Fluted Butter Shortbread Shells
- 15 x 105mm Rectangle Fluted Butter Shortbread Shells
- 6 Eggs Yolks
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Beans
- 125g Sugar
- 250ml Milk
- Zest from 2 Lemons
- 200mls Mango Puree
- 4 leaves Gelatine or 7g Powder Gelatine
- 250ml Fresh Cream
- 200ml Mango Puree
- ½ tbsp Powder Gelatine
- Cream the egg yolks, vanilla beans and sugar.
- Bring the milk, lemon zest and mango puree to the boil, then slowly whisk the hot milk into the sugar/yolk mix.
- Place mixture in a pot, on the stove and thicken on a gentle heat, being careful not to split the egg custard. Your mixture is ready when it coats a stirring spoon.
- Soak your gelatine in a small amount of water. Once dissolved, add into the warm custard and mix in well. Cool custard mix by putting bowl on ice.
- Whip the cream to a stiff peak then fold into the cooled custard mix.
- Place the mango bavaroise mix into some cooked off and cooled butter shortbread shells and set in a refrigerator.
- Add the gelatine into a small amount of water. Heat in a microwave for 15 seconds or until the gelatine dissolves. Mix the gelatine with the mango puree and pour a thin layer over the top of the mango bavaroise.
- Set again in refrigerator then serve.
- Makes 15 portions.