Salmon and Dill Tartlets with 40mm Savoury Shortcrust Shells
- 50 shells Ready Bake 40mm Savoury Shortcrust shells (PBS40)
- 400g fresh salmon fillets (skin off)
- 4 tsp fresh dill
- 50g red onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- Salt to season
- Cracked pepper to season
- Pre heat your oven to 160°c.
- Place your PBS40 shells onto a baking tray and thaw. Bake in your oven for 20 minutes.
- Take the shells out of the oven and set aside until cool.
- Dice your fresh Salmon fillets into small uniform cubes and place into a stainless steel bowl.
- Finely dice red onion and garlic and then chop up fresh dill. Add your dill, red onion, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and caster sugar to the stainless stain bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together until combined and season with salt and pepper. Set aside in the refrigerator or cool room for at least 1 hour for all the flavours to combine. Use within 24 hours.
- Place a teaspoon of the salmon and dill mix into each PBS40 shell. Garnish as desired.
- Note – The acid in the lemon juice will partially cook the salmon, creating a soft flavoursome texture.
- Makes 50 canapes