Red Velvet Cake Tart with 50mm Butter Shortbread Shells
- 20 x Ready Bake 50mm Triangle Butter Shortbread Shells
- 60g Butter
- 150g Sugar
- 5g Vanilla essence
- 50g Egg
- 150g Flour
- 3g Bicarb powder
- 10g Cocoa powder
- 1g Salt
- 120g Buttermilk
- 20g Red food colouring
- 5ml White vinegar
- Place the butter shortbread shells on a baking tray and thaw. Pre heat your oven to 160°c.
- Cream butter, sugar & vanilla essence together, slowly add egg.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix to combine, adding the buttermilk in parts.
- Pipe red velvet cake mix into the thawed butter shortbread shells carefully, and try not to spill mix onto the foil. Doing this may cause your shortbread to stick to the foil once baked and become difficult to take out of the foil.
- Bake filled butter shortbread shells for 12 - 14 mins.
- Cool shells and remove from foils.
- Garnish with white chocolate tile, blueberry and icing sugar.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the fridge for later use.